2016 Road Race Championship Rules
- Runners get points for competing in a range of races throughout the year. Trophies and medals are awarded at the Awards Evening, usually held in November.
- Championships races include a variety of local road races for members to target. Many of these will also count towards club and individual honours in Oxfordshire Road Race Grand Prix, and some are Oxfordshire County Championship races.
- The races to count towards the championships are publicised in the Newsletter and on the HRR website.
- At least three of the designated races must be completed to be eligible for the championships.
- Championship points are awarded only to club members who enter a race as an HRR runner.
- Points will be tallied to determine the placing in the following categories: SW, SM, W35, M40, W45, M50, W55, M60, also best placed V65W in the W55 results and best placed V70M in the V60M category.
- Points are based on finishing position in each race relative to other HRR runners. The first finisher in each category earns 15 points, the second 14 and so on down to 1 point for 15th position and below. Finishing positions are allocated on gun time except Marathons where chip time is used.
- The best five finishes count towards the total score. In addition 5 points are awarded for every race entered, up to a maximum of eight races.
- Age on 1st January used for the purposes of category.
In the event of runners being tied on points at the end of the season the following tie-breakers should be used in order:
- Their best three results
- Results between the tied runners if they have competed in three or more events together.
- The number of races in the series completed.
The following HRR Road Championships trophies are presented annually:
- The King of the Road Trophy for the best senior man.
- The Queen of the Road Trophy for the best senior woman.
- The Richard Stratton Trophy, for the best V40 man.
- The Chairman’s Trophy for the best V35 woman.
- Veteran Trophies for each category.
See the race diary for the full list of qualifying races.
In addition to the races shown in the race diary, completion of any other Road Race Marathon, provided it is logged on the club website before 30th September and is verifiable, can be included.
Best Marathon time to count if more than one Marathon completed.