How to use the gallery
To add photos to the HRR gallery, follow the steps below. Any questions, just ask!
- Click on the "Add" link from the front page (by the Photo Galleries section). Or click on the "Add Photos" link at the top right of the gallery page.
- This brings up the submission form.
- Field 1: enter your name. Once you start typing the field will attempt to autocomplete (so if you have previously entered photos it should find your name).
- Field 2: enter your email address (optional). Once you start typing the field will attempt to autocomplete (so if you have previously entered photos it should find your email).
- Field 3: enter the name of the target gallery. You choose this, but in order to group related photos, it is best to follow some guideline for naming, e.g. Race Name Year (Bourton 10k 2009). To assist in grouping, the field will autocomplete (it will attempt to match gallery names that already exist).
- Field 4: enter any additional tags or comments. These will be displayed within the image popup. Typically the tags will include the runners name, or some brief description (winning team). There is no need to repeat the race name if it is in the gallery name.
- Field 5: enter the password (same as that for results/news etc).
- Field(s) 6: select the photos you want to upload (max of 5 images per form).
- Click "Upload images" to submit the form and upload the images!
- Only JPEG images (*.jpg) can be uploaded (no other image formats will be accepted)
- Do not post photos of minors (under 16s)
- Upload images will be resized to keep their file size down, and help make the gallery pages quick to load.
- If you upload very high quality images (greater than 1600x1200 pixel resolution for example), be patient! The images will be large, and will take a while to upload.
Editing gallery submissions
Once submitted, it is possible to edit image details (change the gallery name, edit tags/comments etc). To do this, work through the steps below:
- View the gallery containing the images you would like to edit.
- Beneath each thumbnail, there is an "Edit" link. Click it.
- The modify form is then displayed, which will be preloaded with the current details.
- Add/update as necessary.
- Click "submit changes" to submit your changes.