There are many benefits to joining Headington RoadRunners. Amongst these are:
- The opportunity run and train with like-minded people
- Coached training sessions
- The chance to participate in team events - road and cross country.
- Reduced entry fee to UKA-registered races (club vest must be worn).
- For more details contact the membership secretary, Marie-Anne Fischer.
Before joining - Try us out first!
We welcome all levels of runner at HRR. We encourage everyone who is interested in joining us to come along and see how we operate and participate in a few of our sessions before committing themselves to joining. The best session to join us as a first run is the Thursday evening session, held at 7pm at the OXSRAD leisure centre in Marston, Oxford. This session has a wide range of runs available and is a good way of getting to meet people.
Am I good enough to come along?
- If you can run for 50 minutes continuously (at whatever pace suits you) then you will easily be able to do one of the runs on offer.
- If you can run (however slowly) for about 30 minutes continuously then ask about our short run group on Thursday nights, which aims to build up to 50 minutes over several weeks.
- If you are an absolute beginner (just started or never having run before) then you should contact us to discuss how we can help get you started. Our coaches will be able to give you a starting programme which will get you to a basic level from which you will be able to join in our main sessions. We also have a beginners' group in the spring.
What will we do at this session?
Following a brief announcement, we split into groups of various levels, ranging from 7 to 12 minute/mile pace. There are changing and showering facilities and after your run, you can buy snacks or a beer at the bar. We encourage you to stay afterwards and chat with other members about the club, our running and your running. We think you'll find HRR a sociable and enjoyable club to join.
When you decide to join, you can do so by filling in the Membership Application Form. Upon joining, you'll receive an email with a link to the club handbook and membership card, and you will get a monthly newsletter and a weekly announcements email which gives information on what's happening in the club. We hope that you will soon start to enjoy the benefits of our regular club runs.