Headington Road Runners does not endorse or recommend any specific practitioners for the treatment of injuries. However, the practitioners listed on this page have all been suggested by club members. If you would like to make amendments or additions to this page, email email@example.com.
- Peak Sporting Performance: Based at the Iffley Road track in Oxford. Offers a range of services including physiotherapy, acupuncture and massage therapy. Reduced rate for Headington Road Runners.
- Pete Quartly: Based in Abingdon at running shop Fit2Run, offers discounts for members.
01235 537000 or 07913 556233
- David Healy: Works out of OXSRAD and Westminster Sports Centre.
- Anna Jenkins, Chartered Physiotherapist (specialising in Sports Injuries) Oxford Sports Physio & Pilates, The Oxford University Club, 11 Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SZ.
- Rachel Marffy: Chartered Physiotherapist, works in Harwell and Didcot.
- David Jones: Works out of his home in Kidlington and at David Lloyds in Cowley.
01865 461103 or 07980 294799
- Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Headington: Appointments only available on GP referral and usually entail a six-week wait. You may be fast-tracked if you've been seeing a private physio so mention it to your GP if this is this case.
- Denise Thomas: FFHT, FICHT, MSST, HFST, IIST, IIHHT, ITEC. Registered Sports Therapist and Sports/Remedial Massage Therapist and is a member of The Society of Sports Therapists and The Society of Health, Fitness and Sports Therapists.
- Chris Chesterman: Offers Sports Massage and Neuromuscular Reeducation, based in Risinghurst.
- Phil Richards: Massage therapist and triathlon coach.
- Samantha Johnson: Offers sports massage and personal training.
- Judith Kalthoff: Sports & Remedial Massage/Holistic Massage.
- Forest Hill Massage: Providing affordable, effective massage for runners/cyclists.
- Stuart Oliver: normally based at Up & Running in Headington (out of hours), but will do mobile massage if requested. Contact him on 07973310336 or pop into the shop on a Saturday morning to speak with him.
Osteopaths and chiropractors
- John Gibbons: BSc (OST), Dip Manip, Dip FTST, Dip IIST, Dip ITEC. John specialises in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of sports related injuries for the University of Oxford prestigious sports teams
- Sarah Couchman: Works at the Well-Being Clinic in Headington.
- John Atyeo: Osteopath and runner with Oxford City, based in East Oxford.
- Oxford Brookes Mill Court Osteopathy Clinic: A teaching clinic with treatment carried out by final year students but under the guidance of tutors, hence much cheaper than other practices. Free treatment sometimes available if you volunteer as a patient during exams.
- Stephen Connolly: A chiropractor based opposite Sainsbury's in Kidlington.